Protect Yourself and Family From Mosquitoes
Sprays and other mosquito deterrent products are a must. As a preventative measure, this will help protect yourself and your family from any mosquitoes that still show up unwelcome around your home. These products can be found in the form of sprays, outdoor candles, zappers, etc. With sprays and citronella candles being the least expensive options, these are an easy preventative solution to get rid of mosquitoes. All of these options should be paired with additional efforts for the best results.
How to Identify Mosquito Nesting Sites
Getting rid of mosquitoes starts with learning how they arrived and where they thrive. Mosquitoes peak season is during warmer months and they are attracted to areas with dense foliage and water.
- Identify areas on the lawn that can hold standing water. Areas in the lawn or around the home with drainage issues can become a breeding site for mosquitoes.
- Toys, planters and other containers that can hold water are also welcoming to mosquitoes. Make sure to empty these regularly, remove them, or turn them over before a rain.
Long-term Solutions For Mosquito Yard Treatment
When it comes to mosquito treatment and prevention, sometimes it’s best to hire a pro. Mosquitoes can travel up to 3 miles so simply making some changes around the house might not alleviate the problem completely. Hiring a company for mosquito treatment, like All Turf Lawn Care, is money well spent. With professional tools and proper application methods, getting rid of mosquitoes will be more successful.
DIY Mosquito Tips and Tricks
If you decide to take the DIY approach, more power to you! Here are some pro tips and mosquito facts from the All Turf Team to help you survive Summer mosquitoes in Atlanta.
- Mosquito insecticide should be applied with a fogger. The application should be in a circular motion so the insecticide can stick to the top and underside of foliage.
- Since these chemicals are not recommended for indoor use, you can prevent mosquitoes from coming inside by adding screens to doors, windows, and outdoor patios.
- Since Mosquitoes nest in areas of dense foliage and standing water, you can avoid spraying across the lawn. It’s recommended to apply product along the perimeter of the home and the property. It’s best to start at the home and move in an outward direction.
There are over 3,000 different species of mosquitoes around the world. It’s safe to say these pests can be quite a nuisance and even cause illnesses. The most important thing you can do is be prepared for a hot summer in Atlanta! You can trust the pros at All Turf to help keep mosquitoes at bay with our Mosquito Control Program. Contact us today to get a free quote for mosquito treatment and see what other programs we have available.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]